Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jumped In: Mike Dinh

Once again, we are proud to welcome another member to the CSK, Mike Dinh.

Because I did it on the last two introductions, I'd like to start off by sharing the first time that I met Mike. It was at the 2010 NY BFF and the group was riding the infamous Peel Sessions spot under the BQE. The night was well under way and from the shadows comes Mike, casually with a rolly suitcase and hard shell bike box. No big deal, right? I think we shook hands and said hey at some point during the evening. The rest is history.

Though we've actually only shared a few other conversations since that first meeting, Mike has left me with the impression of being a humble, down to earth dude. He has a super casual style and flows in the park or street. His bar game is on lock and he can tweak out a table over hips with steeze.


Here he is hanging outside of the Fixie Factory down in LB

Mike sat down to answer a few of our questions, take a read of what he had to say.


CSK: Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?

Mike: Have fun and enjoy your life as much as possible, you only got one to live out right? Haha. Oh and stay trippy mane.

What motivates you to get up in the morning? To ride?

Not worrying about unnecessary shit and going by a day by day basis is really how the routine goes for me. Mary Jane likes to be my alarm clock a lot of the time though. Can't really go on all day without the first puff of the ganja, it feels awkward and I feel out of my element. Haha.

Riding with others and just having fun with it is definitely a motivating thing to get you out and ride. When everyone is pushing each other to progress, in my opinion, is awesome. Just have fun and leave all the bullshit and unnecessary drama out when you go ride bikes. Free yourself from reality, some corny shit like that. Haha

How do you set your goals when it comes to bikes?

I don't really try to think about setting goals up really, maybe like tricks I want to try out but that's all I can think of. Really just try to go out and ride my bike and go with the flow.

You have a 3-gallon jug, a 5-gallon jug, and an unlimited supply of water. How do you get exactly 4 gallons of water without estimating?

CPU can not comprehend, please try again later. Beep beep beep

What is your favorite part on your bike?

Cult Rasta Top Load, Metal Primo Stricker Pedals, and mi FBM hub guardo, slidin' like buttah

Presta or Schrader?

Fuck presta, You can get a schrader tube at any time of the day. You gotta wait for the bike shop to open for presta. Need to finna drill a hole in mi P35's though, haha.

What spot do you ride the most? What kind of set up is it?

I really don't know what spot I really ride the most, try and ride new stuff everyday. I love ledges, rails, and just unique, weird set ups really.

To you, what does CSK represent?

Some trill ass muh fuggas on fixed freestyle bikes that dress for the occasion, making riding look casual while killin' shit. CSK all day mane.

Do you have any questions for me?

Making a trip out to California again this year again? Working on the dates now.
If you do I'll try my hardest to get out to Seattle and ride with y'all.


Below is a photo of Mike's massive Barspin. Highlight clip in the LNC video.

No comments:

Post a Comment